Turning address data into coordinates
Scout24 Switzerland has been relying on the Datahouse geocoding service for a number of years. The service, which is based on GeoPost data, is effective in particular due to its strong logic when addresses in listings are incorrect or imprecise.
Turn your address data into geographic coordinates and present them on a map. A simple-to-use and clearly structured interface enables you to geocode address data. A matching algorithm ensures that incomplete and imprecise addresses can also be geocoded. This increases the quality of your address data. It also enables information about the regional structure of the address to be determined. The Datahouse geocoding service is a web service that can be integrated into existing applications, irrespective of the underlying platform. We neither store nor analyse your address data.
The service is based on Swiss Post’s GeoPost coordinates and the data is updated regularly. This data contains the official addresses of all buildings in Switzerland. By way of an alternative, we now also offer geocoding based on the data in the Federal Statistical Office’s register of buildings and dwellings.
The information is exchanged as an XML document using the SOAP network protocol. The Datahouse geocoding web service is described by a WSDL document (a standardised, independent description language).
Data protection & security
Queries can be made via an encrypted connection and are neither stored nor analysed. The service can optionally also be installed at the customer’s own datacentre.
- Geocoding: basic address data geocoding module
- Address quality: in addition to the geographic coordinates, the associated correct postal address is also returned, including the accuracy
- Regional structures: information about the regional structure of the address (districts, local authority, etc.)
- The data is updated by Datahouse at least every six months
- Interface management
- Customer-specific adaptation
- Short support pathways, fast reaction times
- XML / WSDL / SOAP / HTTP
- Platform-independent integration
„Datahouse provides Swiss quality for data management.“ Andreas von Ballmoos, Head of Business Intelligence, Scout24 Schweiz AG