Dynamic, multidisciplinary and multicultural
Our team is traditionally multidisciplinary. In addition to engineers and economists, we also draw on the expertise of graduates in scientific fields.
What you can expect from us
Personal development & continuing training
Five career levels (professional, senior, expert, senior expert and partner) and a permeable structure enable every employee to advance to a position that matches their abilities and experience.
The entire corporate group sets great store by constant continuing training for employees. In addition to systematically promoting external continuing training courses, one important tool for conveying and entrenching knowledge is the Wüest Partner Academy, which was founded by Wüest Partner, as well as the Datahouse Academy, which was set up for the same reasons.
Kindly send your application (covering
letter, personal statement, CV with recent photo, work references, certificates
and solved challenges) to Ms. Nha Nguyen Itschner or Ms. Sara Bieri by email.
You will then receive an initial reply shortly thereafter and maybe an invitation to a job interview.
Should you have any questions about a job description or the application procedure, please call us on +41 44 289 92 83 or send an email to Ms. Nha Nguyen Itschner or Ms. Sara Bieri.
Senior software developer
As a consequence of our growth and to supplement our team, we are looking to hire a senior software developer.
Your areas of activity
Your tasks will include, amongst other things, the development or further development of powerful web services and the technical implementation of innovative customer projects.
In order to be able to undertake these activities, you must have the following qualifications:
- A completed degree in IT or engineering or comparable training/experience
- In-depth experience of an object-oriented programming language as well as basic knowledge of Linux, OpenOffice, etc.
- An understanding of statistical issues in the context of business and data analysis solutions
- A desire for high quality, an eye for what’s important and an efficient way of working as well as the ability to take responsibility for everything from the technical concept to the finished application
- Good communication skills in English and German
Datahouse AG offers you a new challenge with considerable responsibility in which you can undertake complex tasks independently in an innovative environment. We provide an outstanding modern workplace at the Alte Börse in Zurich and an opportunity to be a part of a highly motivated team.
Send us the solution together with your application and a short description (source files with a PDF as a zip archive).
There are no restrictions in terms of the tools or libraries that you may use. However, your own work must be clearly identifiable.
The work involved in solving the tasks will not be remunerated. However, the rights to the results will remain with the applicant.
As efficiently as possible, find the nearest stop for a given geo coordinate.
The necessary information must be read out of the file haltestelle.in, which has the following structure:
- Line 1 (given geo coordinate): "X" "Y" (both integers)
- Line 2: Number of stops: "N" (an integer in the range 1-10000000)
- Line 3 - N+2 (coordinates for the stops): "X" "Y" (both integers)
The coordinates of the nearest stop must be written into the file haltestelle.out.
Sample input (haltestelle.in)
Sample output (haltestelle.out)
Single page website
The focus must be on clear presentation using modern web technologies and compliance with the relevant standards. Your website can optionally also be made compatible with a mobile browser.
Two different live tickers are displaying the score in an ice hockey game. Both sources are incorrect (i.e. goals are missing or the times are imprecise, although you can assume that they are not showing too many goals) and the data should be augmented in order to obtain the best possible data quality.
The necessary information must be read out of the file events.in, which has the following structure:
- Line 1 (number of reported goals): “Goals source 1 (N)” “Goals source 2 (M) (both integers in the range 1-100)
- Line 2 - N+1 (individual goals, source 1): “Team” “Time” (the team is either “H” for home team or “G” for the guests, the time is given as a decimal figure in seconds)
- Line N+2 - N+M+1 (individual goals, source 2): “Team” “Time” (details as above)
The output should write to the file events.out the actual number of goals scored (the number in the first line) in the right order, with the team and the time at which they were scored.
Sample input (events.in)
Sample output (events.out)
Board game in browser
A check of whether the rules are being followed is not obligatory. However, you should consider how communication with the server side should be integrated.